Emily Williston Memorial Library
Adult Summer Reading Program 2012
Closing Event: Library Tea
Saturday, August 4 1 – 3 PM
Join the Emily Williston Memorial Library as we celebrate the end of the
Adult Summer Reading Program.
Meet the Director, Library Board members, and members of Emily’s Friends.
Enjoy refreshments and crafts for all ages.
The Grand Prize (Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet) and other Summer Reading Prizes will be drawn at 2 PM. Participants must be present to win.
This event is free and open to the public.
Between the Covers is sponsored by the Emily Williston Memorial Library, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins,and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Come join the Emily Williston Memorial Library on Wednesday, July 25 at 6:30 PM as we host mystery authors from Sisters in Crime: New England. The authors will speak on the topic, “It’s a Mystery to Me,” which covers everything from where they get their ideas, how they create characters and do plotting, how they do research, and the writing schedule that gets their books and short stories written.
Sheila Connolly writes the Orchard Mysteries (set in western Massachusetts) for Berkley Prime Crime. As Sarah Atwell, she also wrote the Glassblowing Mysteries, whose debut book, Through a Glass, Deadly, was nominated for an Agatha Award for Best First Novel. Another series, the Museum Mysteries, opened in October 2010 with Fundraising the Dead, and she is planning a third series, set in Ireland, which will appear in 2012.
Michael Nethercott’s writings have appeared in numerous magazines and anthologies including Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine; Best Crime and Mystery Stories of the Year; The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction; Thin Ice: Crime Stories by New England Writers; Plays, the Drama Magazine for Young People; Dead Promises; Gods and Monsters; and Crimestalkers Casebook. His tales featuring reluctant private eye Lee Plunkett and his Irish born colleague Mr. O’Nelligan, set in the 1950s, have appeared in Hitchcock Magazine. A novel featuring these characters will be published in 2013 by St. Martin’s Press.
This event is free and open to the public as part of the Emily Williston Memorial Library Adult Summer Reading Program.
The Adult Summer Reading Program begins on Monday, June 25! Come sign up and enjoy the summer with some books (print or digital or audio). We have lots of great events planned for this summer, along with great prizes! Here are the details:
- Read – Anything you want! Ebooks and Audio Books DO count (of course!) Need some suggestions? We will have reading lists available.
- Each time you read a book, show a librarian your log book and receive a ticket to enter one of 4 Lucky 7 prize drawings.
- The more you read, the more tickets you get, the more chances you have to win!
- After each Lucky 7 drawing the box is cleared and only tickets deposited between drawings are eligible.
- All tickets will be kept for the prize drawings at the Closing Event.
- You MUST be present to win prizes drawn at the Closing Event. You do NOT have to be present for the 4 Lucky 7 drawings.
- Each person may win 1 Lucky 7 prize and 1 prize at the Closing Event.
The Lucky 7 Prizes will be drawn on the following dates: June 27, July 7, July 17, July 27
Prizes will be announced soon! Check out the Events page.