Alcove Reservation Policy
Use of Library Space for Small Group Meetings
The Emily Williston Memorial Library and Museum does not currently offer private meeting space to the public. However, the library does have 3 small study alcoves on the Main Floor of the library that can occasionally be reserved by small groups (6 or fewer people).
These alcoves may be reserved for use by educational, civic, cultural, and governmental groups. They are not available for the benefit of private individuals or commercial concerns. The Library alcoves may not be used in any way that materially interferes with the operation of the library or which threatens the safety of library property, patrons, or staff. Merchandise, other than items sold to benefit the Emily Williston Memorial Library, may not be sold.
While alcove spaces are available at no charge during normal library hours, donations will be gratefully accepted. Groups may use the alcoves only for the hours reserved in advance.
- Reservations can be made at the Circulation Desk during regular Library hours or online at the Library’s website.
- An alcove space may be booked up to 3 months or 3 events in advance. To allow for flexibility in the arrangement of library programs, we cannot accept bookings beyond the 3-month/3-event period.
- Reservations will be confirmed after the Library receives a completed and signed Registration Form. The signer of the Registration Form will be responsible for any damages to the facilities.
- Reservations must include the name, address, and phone number of a contact person for the group. The contact person is required to notify the Library as soon as possible if there is a cancellation or change in schedule. Failure to cancel or appear for a reservation may result in forfeiture of space use privileges.
- People aged 17 and under may not reserve an alcove space, and attendees aged 17 and under must be supervised by an adult who assumes responsibility for the meeting held at the Library.
- Reservation of an alcove space is not transferable.
- Each applicant will receive a copy of this Policy.
Inclement Weather Guidelines
The Library will make every effort to open to the public as scheduled so long as conditions are safe to do so. In general, the library will remain open unless Easthampton City Hall closes. If City Hall will not open for the day because of inclement weather, then the library will remain closed for the day as well.
The library will alert the public of its altered hours as soon as the decision has been made. In addition to posting signs on the building, the library will update its outgoing voicemail message, website and its Facebook page. When possible, closings will be announced on both WWLP (channel 22) and WGGB (channel 40) television stations.
All events scheduled to take place at the Library will be cancelled in the event weather forces the closure of the Library. It is the responsibility of organizations and individuals reserving space in the Library to find out if the Library has been closed due to weather.
For rescheduling, the sponsoring organization is responsible for contacting Library Staff on the next day the Library is open.