Interested in helping the Library? Emily’s Friends of the Library would like to meet you!
If you’d like to support the library by donating time, raising money, and planning events, we might just be your kind of people.
Those interested in any level of involvement are encouraged to attend our next monthly meeting on here at the library. We meet the second Thursday of the month t 6pm at the Library.
The mission of Emily’s Friends of the Library is to provide an important source of assistance and revenue that will enhance the library’s offering of events, resources and programs.
- To establish a membership in support of the Emily Williston Memorial Library and Museum.
- To advocate for the Friends organization and the interests of the library.
- To continue to hold events annually to promote the library and raise funds for special purchases.
- Annual Fall Book Sale
- Reading Rocks – a rock climbing fundraiser for the Summer Reading Program and more…
Money raised has supported programs such as On the Same Page & Adult and Youth Summer Reading Programs, sponsored a Wine & Cheese Open House, and other special events. The Friends have also purchased items such as:
- museum passes
- new furniture and shelving for the adult and youth departments
- new computers
- painting of the library building
BECOME A SUPPORTING FRIEND OF THE EMILY WILLISTON MEMORIAL LIBRARY
If you can’t donate your time, how about becoming a supporting friend? Emily’s Friends offers annual memberships to those who would like to financially support the library on an annual basis. Our membership year runs from January 1 to December 31. We offer a variety of support levels to choose from:
Special Friend $50.00
Best Friend $100.00
Download this form, fill it out and send it to the Library along with your check. Thank you!!!